Saturday, March 1, 2014

Dresser Re-Do!


First post on the new blog, I thought I'd start off with my chest of drawers. I got it from my grandmother and removed the drawers and replaced them with shelves. I lined the back with a large print wallpaper. Never one to be wasteful, I turned the drawers into a bookshelf. I lined the back of the drawers with book pages.


Okay, so I bought this chest off a woman who posted an ad on Kijiji. It broke my heart to see such a beautiful chest treated so poorly. This is possibly the worst paint job I have ever seen. The woman told me her grandmother had painted it; I wanted to ask if her grandmother was blind.

So now I set to work restoring this poor chest to its former glory. I'm working on getting it to look like an old leather chest, slightly steampunk and antique, then it shall serve as my coffee table. I'll keep you updated!




No comments:

Post a Comment